Top of the Pines
Top of the Pines is an outstandingly beautiful outdoor recreation area, environmental education base camp, special event destination, and open space preserve.
Located at the foot of the Sneffels Range in southwest Colorado and In close proximity to Ouray, Ridgway and Telluride, this 175-acre wilderness jewel offers local communities and visitors a remarkable place to learn, recreate, and celebrate, while also providing an inspiring gathering place for everyone interested in exploring the beauty of the San Juans.
|Camping Rates||Tent camping sites are $18 per night. All 9 sites can be reserved for a discounted $150 per night.|
About the OwnerContact the property
Please read carefully!
1. A designated point person for the group must check in with campground hosts upon arrival and departure to review and initial rules.
2. Caterers, party supply companies and other event vendors must also check in/check out with campground hosts upon arrival and departure.
3. The campsite fire pits are the ONLY place you may light a fire.
4. No moving of any camp equipment (tables, grills, benches, etc.).
5. Use the firewood in the designated stacked areas - DO NOT cut down trees or shrubs.
6. In the event of a RED FLAG WARNING period (sometimes occurs during the hot summer months), NO FIRES are allowed anywhere. Campground hosts have authority to ban campfires at TOP if conditions so warrant, regardless of whether a more extensive Red Flag Warning for the region is in effect.
7. Outdoor grills may be used as long as they are manufactured charcoal or gas grills.
8. Smoking is permitted ONLY at campsites and other specifically designated areas. Please use extreme caution, be considerate of fellow guests, and dispose of butts responsibly.
9. Use of sparklers and fireworks is prohibited.
10. Hunting is prohibited.
11. Firearms are prohibited.
12. Horses are prohibited, but exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
13. Dogs are allowed but must remain on leash at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pet and must remove dog poo from premises at end of stay.
14. Alcohol may be used if your group has been given permission on their Group User Permit.
15. Use of glass containers is permitted ONLY at the Pavilion. Exceptions may be made for wedding receptions and other group events in the meadow. The responsible party must make sure all glass is removed from area after the event.
16. ALL trash is to be PACKED OUT WITH YOU at the end of your stay. A trash removal fee of $50/hour will be deducted from your cleaning/damage deposit if you leave trash behind after your event.
17. Vehicles must stay on designated roads at all times (including event set-up), and are NOT PERMITTED TO DRIVE ACROSS THE SENSITIVE, PRISTINE MEADOW/LAKE AREA UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
18. Vehicles must park in designated parking areas ONLY.
19. No ATVs, OHVs or other off-road motorized vehicles.
20. Camping in your vehicle (van or pickup truck with camper shell) is permitted only in the upper parking area in front of the Pavilion and adjacent to walk-in campground.
21.RVs and camping trailers are not permitted (except for the campground hosts).
22. The use of bicycles is allowed ONLY on designated trails. No fee or registration required, but please consider making a donation!
23. No biking after dark.
24. Potable water is available at TOP from May 15-Oct. 15, if appropriate water testing has been completed.
25. Electricity is available from an outlet at the backside of the Pavilion exterior. However, if power is needed for events like weddings, please note that approximately 300 yards of 10 gage extension cords will be needed. (Extension cords are not provided by TOP so groups will need to bring them in themselves.)
26.Outhouses/toilets: There are currently four pit toilets at TOP. Two are located north of the Pavilion adjacent to the Warming Hut and two are in the campsite area. Please read the instructions posted at the toilets and close the door after use. There are two flushable toilets in the pavilion.
27.Groups of 50 or larger are required to bring in one port-a-potty for each additional 50 people.
28. TOP is a multi-use facility and does not guarantee exclusive use for group events. Please be respectful of other campers/student groups and maintain appropriate supervision of children.
29. Events taking place at Pavilion must conclude by 10 p.m.
30. Quiet hours are enforced from 10 p.m.-8 a.m.
31.The person who makes the group use reservation is responsible for ensuring that other members of the group are aware of and comply with TOP’s Group Use Rules & Regulations.
32. Campground hosts are authorized to terminate your stay if you or members of your group fail to comply with TOP’s Group Use Rules & Regulations.
33.TOP charges $50/hour for clean-up and repairs of TOP facilities to be retained out of the refundable damage/cleaning deposit. Additional fees may be assessed in cases of excessive damage to TOP facilities, the person who signs the group event agreement will be the responsible party.
Camping fees are nonrefundable.
Full campground reservation fees are refundable minus a 10% processing fee up until four months before the reservation date, after which no refund will be offered.
Wedding and Special Event reservation fees will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee up until four months before the reservation date, after which no refund will be offered.
Pavilion rental reservations will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee up until four months before the reservation date, after which no refund will be offered.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please email [email protected].
I give permission to Nomad Reservations LLC and _Top of the Pines _to collect my personal data, being my name and contact information, as it relates to my reservation with Top of the Pines. Further I recognize that my data will be stored on Nomad Reservations LLC secure servers within the United States and will not be used for any purpose, other than that being used for my reservation.