Nicolston Dam Campground & Travelers Park
Nicolston, founded by John Nicol in 1853 was originally know as “Car-luke” which is Gaelic for “Valley surrounded by Hills”. The business is run by the 5th & 6th Generation. As with many of the settlements in the years. Nicolston started with the establishment of a saw mill which was later converted into a flour and grist mill when supplies of timber were exhausted. The original dam and mill still stand, as well as the secondary dam which was constructed to supply power for a woollen mill.
This woollen mill, owned by George Upton, was one of the first to supply the T.Eaton Company with woollen supplies for socks and underwear. Today the site serves as a recreational campground and the largest dam incorporates a fish ladder to aid in the migration of rainbow trout and salmon to their spawning ground far upstream.
Our mantra- “Canadian Camping’ on the historic Nottawasaga River, based on naturally scenic, peaceful, recreational overnight RVing and camping. We offer large RV sites with 30amp power connections, water, WIFI, picnic tables and fire ring at each site.
Spacious RV Sites, WIFI*, Gift Shop, Fire-wood, Ice, Ice Cream, SUPs/Canoe/Kayaking, Fishing, Fishladder, Dam, Solar Heated Outdoor Swimming Pool, Playgrounds, Horseshoe Pits, Mini Golf, Laundry Facilities, Library, Volleyball.
2020 Canadian Camping Week Offers:
Two Nights for $50.00/night (+ applicable tax) Friday, May 22 & Saturday, May 23, 2020
5 Nights for the Price of 4: May 19 - 23, 2020
|Camping Rates||Please contact campground directly for rates and services.|
About the OwnerContact the property
Rules and Regulations
Registrations and payment to be completed at the camp office upon arrival.
Check-in: Anytime after 1:00pm - Early arrival is a $20.00 charge and must be pre-booked
subject to availability.
Check-out: 11:00am - Late Departure is a $20.00 charge and subject to availability.
● Have fun!
● Quiet hours start at 10:00pm
● We are a radio free park.
● Day guests are required to be pre-registered in the office and paid for. They must depart
by 9:00pm and park in overflow parking marked on our site maps.
● No refunds for early departures.
● The park is open May through October! However, the office might sometimes be closed,
and campers must follow the self-registration process posted in the grey box located on
the mill door.
● Generators are allowed in the unserviced sections, however we ask you please be
respectful of others around you and respect quiet hours.
● Alcohol consumption is only permitted on your site.
● Pets must be kept on a leash at all times and picked up after. Visitors are not permitted
to have pets.
● Speed Limit: 10km/h all throughout the park, to insure safety of other campers, kids and
● All facilities are to be used at own risk, and only by registered campers. Nicolston Dam,
it’s management and employees assume no responsibility or liability for accidents,
injuries or loss to persons, pets or property from any cause.
● Parents are at all times responsible for the conduct and behaviour of their kids, and are
financially liable for any possible damage to the property or external objects. Children
MUST be supervised at all times when using the pool.
● The Nicolston Dam Campground and Travellers park holds the right to refuse service.
● Unregistered guests are not permitted entry to the park or use of the facilities.
● Un-registered trespassers will be evicted.
● Swiping in extra vehicles is immediate grounds for removal with no refund. Please
contact the office during store hours if you require an extra pass.
● The Nicolston Dam campground and Travellers park reserves the right to make changes,
or supplement these guidelines at any given time.
● If campers do not show up for their reservation without previous notice - minimum of 48
hrs- they automatically lose the whole stay amount and will not receive refunds.
● Campfires are permitted within fire rings unless other regulations such as fire bans are
posted. Fire rings must not be moved.
● Transporting firewood is not permitted. We are part of the don’t move the wood
campaign. Firewood can be purchased in the camp store or by using self serve in the
● The burning of lumber, plywood, leaves, yard waste, construction material waste, tree
bark, hedge or grass clippings is prohibited.
● The collection of any natural resources in the park for fire burning is prohibited.
● Fires must be contained at a height no greater than 10 inches, and must be supervised at
● Fireworks are not permitted on the premises.
● Garbage/ Recycling must be picked up and brought to the waste station located near
the front gates.
● No dumping of grey or black water at your site is allowed, as per Ontario Ministry of
the Environment regulations. Grey or black water from tents, campers or recreational
vehicles may be disposed of at one of two disposal sites.
● Only one camping unit is permitted per site.
● Please do not walk through someone else’s site.
● Please use proper camping mats which do not kill the grass. Please refrain from
using rubber mats or carpeting.
● If your unit is over 40 feet please contact the office and we can assist you in booking
● A refund will not be issued for bad weather, bugs or other naturally occurring
● A maximum of 5 people per site at any given time. The base price is for 2 adults and
● A maximum of 2 vehicles is permitted per site. All others must be registered and
parked in one of the parking lots.