Big Cedar Campground Kayak & Canoe Livery
Big Cedar Campground kayak & canoe Livery is a family owned and family oriented Upper Peninsula campground. Our location in Germfask, MI, (Near Curtis) places you within a myriad of great UP Things to Do and See. _YOU WILL HAVE TO ZOOM OUT ON THE RESERVATION MAP TO SEE BOTH CABINS. _After exploring the many adventures on the Manistique River, guests can take day trips to the entire eastern/central U.P. to experience attractions and recreational activities. Many things to do within 1 hour from us. Our 10acre campground is located on the banks of the beautiful Manistique River with many sites overlooking the river. There is 9 full hook up sites, 6 water/electric pull throughs and all other sites have water/electric including tent sites. All sites offer a picnic table and a fire ring. Newly updated bathhouse with hot showers and laundry room. Sani-dump station. WI-FI available now for most of the campground and the cabin rentals! Our playground is a safe place for your children with many things to do. Everyone is welcome from tents and pop-ups to the big RV’s. We are proud to be a “Good Sam Park”, "Coachmen Park" and “Ultimate Camping network Park”. Big Cedar Campground also has an onsite store for your stay. We currently have shirts, snacks, Ice Cream, drinks, camping gear, bug spray, sun screen, playing cards, toys for the kids and many other camping items.
"Hello, our names are John and Melissa Jones and we are proud life long "Yoopers" of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. We were both raised in the Sault Ste. Marie area, well known for their Soo Locks. We purchased Big Cedar Campground in the spring of 2020 and couldn't wait be your host and start making goals for the future of this great U.P. campground. We always been avid campers with a dream of some day owning a campground of our own. Our Big Cedar Campground is an historical property. From 1935-1942, it was a CCC Camp built for the Seney Wildlife Refuge. To this day you can still see some of the remains of these early years. Some of the sidewalks and old foundations are still visible around some of our campsites.
"Camp Germfask is a forgotten Civilian Conservation Corps camp located in Germfask, Michigan. During World War II, the camp was used to house conscientious objectors. It was a small camp, with cabins situated along a stream. Today, the buildings are all removed from the area and are currently being used as buildings in Manistique, Michigan by the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW). The location is now known as the Big Cedar Campground." — Published 12 October 2015 by Kelsey Coon
|Camping Rates||$28-$39 per night|
|Room Rates||$85-$225 per night|
|Electric / Water||Yes|
|Max Length (of RV)||45 ft|
About the OwnerContact the property
Big Cedar Campground Policies Big Cedar Campground Kayak & Canoe Livery welcomes all our guests to our 10 acre campground that is located on the banks of the beautiful Manistique River with many sites overlooking the river. Below you will find important information on our General Campground Policies, Our Cancellation Policies, and our Pet Policies. We want all of our guests to having a wonderful experience — we thank you in advance for your cooperation.
~PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING!
- General Campground Policies
- Check-in time 2pm (please check-in by 8pm.) CABINS IS 3PM
- IF CHECKING IN AFTER 5PM FOR A CAMPSITE YOUR MAP AND INFO WILL BE TAPED TO THE OFFICE DOOR
- ~We all know travel plans can change. If you are running late, please contact us via phone or email.
- Early check-ins are $10 cash no exceptions. Providing the site is ready. No check-in before 1pm
- Check out time is 12pm (CABINS IS 10AM)
- Quiet time is 11pm-7am
- ~We all love a good gathering but some of our guests prefer peace and quiet. We are all neighbors, please be mindful of designated quiet time.
- Speed limit is 5mph at ALL times! Please watch for children. Children appear on road suddenly, and this will help with dust control.
- Parents are responsible for the actions and safety of their children. Your cooperation for children to be supervised will appreciated.
- ~Discounts apply to daily rates only; we have already discounted weekly and monthly rates for you. No Good Sam discounts for cabins.
- ~Camping is an outdoor activity, therefore, no refunds will be given because of weather or any other discomforts of nature.
- ~The use of fireworks, firecrackers, firearms, bb guns, etc. are strictly prohibited in the park.
- ~Please don't bring in your own firewood to prevent carrying a tree killing insect or disease. We have firewood for sale.
- ~Management assumes no liability for loss or damage to personal property and/or personal injury arising out of the use of Big Cedar ~Campground. All users of Big Cedar Campground property are held responsible for any/all property damage to the park.
- ~Big Cedar Campground is privately owned. Management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone/or terminate a reservation with us.
- RV Site Standards Policies
- ~Each site is allowed one RV and one vehicle.
- ~All additional vehicles must park in the overflow parking by the entrance gate.(subject to availability)
- ~Every site will be seen, please be a good neighbor and keep yours clean.
- ~Fires are allowed in fire rings only.
- ~Vehicle ( RV, Boat, Car, etc.) maintenance of any kind (washing, oil change, etc.) is NOT allowed.
- ~Discharging grey/black in the park site is against the law. Use sewer hookups to dump all wastewater.
- ~The Norwegian Woods Cabin will have a $100 cleaning fee
- ~We welcome your furry companions. All pets MUST be on a leash at all Times while in the park.
- ~No Pets In Bath House, Laundry Room, Office, Or Playground
- ~You Are Expected To Clean Up After Your Pet And Put Into Garbage
- ~Please Control Noise From Your Pets
- ~For the protection of, and in consideration of all guests, noisy, aggressive or unruly pets will not be permitted in the campground.
- ~No pets are allowed to be left at the campground unattended.
- Reservation information
- ~Each of our sites has a designated maximum length. Upon arrival RV MUST be equal or less than assigned site length.
- ~At time of Check-in:
- Payment in full will be required.
- ~We would hate to see you leave early. In case you do, please know there is no refund for early departure.
Cancellation Policy Please cancel within 14 days of your arrival. If you notify us under 14 days of your check-in, you will be charged for a 1 night stay. 30 days notice to cancel a cabin. All cancellations will be charged a $15 administration fee. Your credit card holds your reservation.
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. We will never provide your personal information to any outside sources or use any email provided for unsolicited mail. Any emails received by Big Cedar Campground or CampgroundBooking.com will be in connection with the products and services agreed to and provided.